Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Steam

Man last Monday was intense, we started the class with ITC so we hit the track hard as a team. We all ran 15 minutes, so we all got at least a mile with all of our gear on. That was fun, I had a healthy competition between Andrew and I. We tried to out run each other but after keeping up with each for a while we just tried to keep up for the rest of the time. I felt the burn in my legs and ready for more, so we went to the bunches and on the way over there I challenged John and Rafelle to a race there, I came in third but that's OK. We then started on some push ups using the bench seats. After that we started climbing up and down the stairs for 7 minutes, while going up I would try and push my legs harder then everyone else so I can reach the back of the line while going up. So that way I could have a second to rest and then hit the stairs going down. When we finished 7 minutes we ran back to the class and again challenged John and Rafelle, only this time came in first. So I made up for the past race in a way. But overall the running was fun.
We tried entering the class but it was locked so we stayed outside working on some basics, like kicks and posture. While doing this the cold wind hit us hard so I decided to yell out during the practice to keep me warm didn't really help but Mr. G did open the room.
That's when things got pushed a level up and we started soaking our shirts/uniforms in sweat. Not to long later the rain hit which with our heat got the windows fogged up. When Mr. G noticed this, he gave us the challenge to try and fog up the windows to the point were you can't see anything through them. So we tried doing as the task asked us to, and after training and sparing at level ten we accomplished it. We had an accident during sparing, were one of our teammates accidentally kicked his partner in a no kick zone. Although it was a mistake that could of really hurt the person, she was OK and everything was good. He said he was sorry and things moved on from there.
From this accident I learned that we could all lose ourselves to the moment. So we most practice control, and focus. After the class we all took off our gear and got ready for departure. John went over to the window and opened it. That's when I noticed what making the air feel dense. As air entered the room we all let off steam. The steam we were releasing was to me a sign that we all trained at our own level ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment